My heart gets warmer everytime I talk about Budapest. I lived there from September 2011 to July 2012, and for four months in 2013. It was the time of my life and I have lots of sweet memories.
When in Budapest, do:
– Drink beer at every single one of Szimpla’s rooms.
– Eat like a king at the Hummus Bar.
– Eat Langós (the best one in town is at Margaret Island), Turo Rudi, Retes and Somloi Galuska
– Dzém (a small coffeeshop in front of Central European University) has the second best croissants I have ever eaten (number one obviously goes to French croissants, no matter where you buy them)
– If you are addicted to sugar like me, there is a place by the Opera called the Sugar Shop. It has candy and desserts in all possible flavors, textures, shapes and sizes. It is sweet? They have it. Yes, it’s like you died and went to heaven!
– Sit on the Liberty Bridge and watch the sunset on a summer day
– Skate on the ice rink next to the Heroes Square, during the winter
– Sit by the Danube at night, preferably right next to the parliament
– Take tram #2 and the yellow subway line